SENIOR SALES ENGINEER – COX BUSINESS (Job Number: 216729)
Website Cox Business
Cox Business is a leading provider of technology solutions in markets across the US. Our product portfolio includes managed network and hosting services, cloud infrastructure, Internet, voice, TV, and other emerging technology solutions. We strive to create an environment that nurtures personal development and the opportunity to build on your talents, and we embrace a diverse workforce and the unique skills that come from a variety of people and perspectives.
We are looking for a Senior Sales Engineer with a customer-centric focus who is passionate about exceeding our clients’ expectations and assisting in the acquisition of new businesses. In partnership with sales, you will meet with current and prospective Cox Business clients to design and develop cost-effective technology solutions to meet their evolving needs.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Meets with prospective and existing customers and with other members of the sales team to collect and analyze the information required to assess customers’ communication needs in detail.
- Partners with other members of the Sales team and interfaces with customers and vendors to develop Cox Business proposals and associated technical specifications, as needed to ensure their technical integrity.
- Designs how the customer’s network fits with Cox network architecture. Partners with Network Ops/Commercial Engineering to ensure that design and specifications meet customer needs and to ensure network availability/serviceability before orders are finalized.
- Works with product managers and Network Ops/ Commercial Engineering as an active member of product rollout teams to ensure the sales team’s understanding of new products and to provide technical feedback to the product team, as appropriate. Works with the test lab to ensure the feasibility of all new/custom products and solutions where applicable.
- Develops and delivers technical presentations to internal/external groups as needed.
- Supports the sales organization as the technical subject matter expert. Support may include attending sales calls, delivering technical portions of the sales presentation, explaining why Cox’s proposed solution is the right one, and negotiating technical aspects of the proposal, as needed. May attend vendor meetings and perform site surveys, as required.
- Coordinates internal technical resources necessary to develop sales proposals and sales presentations (e.g., data ops, equipment vendors) on complex, high-end solutions.
- Provides technical assistance to customers, other members of the Sales team, and Project Managers to coordinate cutovers to Cox services to ensure a smooth and consistent customer installation experience.
- Cultivates consulting relationships with customers, forming relationships at multiple levels to provide appropriate solutions and develop future business opportunities. Meets with customers as needed to review their accounts. Maintains in-depth knowledge of their business and changing technical needs; makes changes and solves problems as required. Educates customers.
- Monitors network, traffic, and trunk utilization and makes recommendations to ensure optimization of customers’ voice and data network and identify opportunities for upselling (where the capability exists).
- Maintains documentation of customer’s voice and data network, as required.
- Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of Cox and competitor telephony, data, and video services/solutions, customer premise equipment, networking, consultation, negotiation, and sales skills; attends strategic and/or development meetings with Sales management.
- Participates in internal meetings to create product packages, communicate and coordinate sales projects with other internal parties, implement new products, solve problems, and keep up-to-date with information about Cox.
- 5 or more years of experience required in related field; 3 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- 3 years’ telecommunications (telephony, data, and video) engineer or sales engineer experience
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- 6 months’ work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
- Requires completion of Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Excellent skill in adaptability, applied learning, building relationships, written communication, industry awareness, expanding and advancing opportunities, formal presentation skills, high impact communication, IP Infrastructure and Convergence, continuous learning, PC skills, reasoning, sustained customer satisfaction, product knowledge, and technical acumen, and technical consultation and guiding sales opportunities, in order to work effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
- 3 years business-to-business outside sales or sales engineer experience
- Prefer certification completion of Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) program
- Prefer Cloud and/or IT integration experience
- Experience with SD-WAN, Wi-Fi, SIP trunking, and virtualization / “*aaS” solutions and platforms such as DaaS, DRaaS, O365, IaaS, and PaaS
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We’re dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Primary Location: 1440 E 15th Street, Tucson, AZ, US
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 216729