SALES MANAGER – COX BUSINESS SECURITY SOLUTIONS
Website Cox Business
The Manager, Cox Business Security Solutions leads the assigned Cox Business Security Consultant team to achieve Cox Business Security Solution sales goals. The manager hires, trains, manages and coaches performance of CB Security Consultants to ensure that monthly/annual sales goals are met.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Develops a professional sales culture. Serves as a role model for the sales team in all aspects of the business.
• Balances the urgency of meeting sales goals with focus on team success (Sales Culture)
• Hires and builds a sales team that has the ability and resources to achieve staffing levels to handle projected lead flow and achieve sales goals (Staffing and team development)
• Coaches, develops and manages the performance of the sales team, Team Leaders (if applicable) and administrative support personnel to ensure they have the capabilities required to meet targets for revenue growth, service, productivity, quality and optimization of customer satisfaction within assigned area. (Coaching and development)
• Conducts on the job training through field rides, presentation reviews, etc. to support and improve the performance and capabilities of Business Security Consultants (On the job training) Serves as a subject matter expert or advisor on selected customer sales and handles issues escalated by team members. (Escalations)
• Analyzes competitive market trends and develops, adjusts and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate company sales growth goals as well as maximize market and product penetration (Sales planning)
• Partners with the Product & Acquisition Marketing teams to recommend strategy, direction and goals for advertising and point of sales efforts and participates in creating marketing materials pertinent to team’s sales efforts. (Sales/marketing planning)
• Develops appropriate territories and assigns Service Requests for business sales appointments to Business Security Consultants (Territory management)
• Participates in setting sales goals (quotas plus key sales objectives) and other defined sales metrics, based on corporate/regional sales goals for assigned market. (Sales goals)
• Participate in development of sales forecasts and manages sales teams to achieve sales units (both self-generated and company connect goals) and maximum revenue (MRC; monthly recurring revenue per market and one time charges; NRC) while maintaining profitability. (Forecasting)
• Communicates customer concerns, sales opportunities, implementations, and related issues within the sales team, across the local system, and across systems. Recommends and coordinates implementation of solutions with various CCI and Cox Business Security Solutions organizations. (Coordination and communication)
• Establishes and maintains effective communication channels between Field Service Representatives and Business Security Consultants to ensure installation goes smoothly for customers. (Internal communication)
• Builds and maintains relationships with local businesses, municipalities, commercial realtors, insurance agents, contractors, etc to promote Cox Business Security Solution products and services. (Sales networking)
• Leads sales team meetings to coordinate sales efforts and communicate changes in direction, products, policies, expectations, processes and standards. (Team communication)
• Partners with Corporate Channel Managers to cultivate and maintain relationships with bulk and 3rd party clients including key national and local retailers as well as Door-2-Door Vendors within assigned territory. (External collaboration)
• Manages and leads cross-functional coordination on accounting, inventory, technical, billing, marketing and sales matters. (Cross-functional coordination)
• Coordinates and maintains effective working relationships with other Cox Business Security Solutions and Cox Communications departments to ensure high quality customer service. (Internal relationships)
• Monitors to ensure that Business Security Consultants are prospecting and effectively managing their sales pipelines.
• Develops and implements the necessary metrics and structure in assigned sales channels to ensure the proper customer experience is achieved in order to support the goal of being the trusted provider. (Customer satisfaction)
• Reviews and approves sales presentations, commission reports and other reports developed by outside sales representatives within his/her approval authority. (Review and approve)
• Prepares regular sales and expense reports and controls to manage sales activities and control expenses. (Report preparation)
• Participates in the administration of compensation and commission plans to support the achievement of sales goals.
• 3 or more years of experience required in related sales management experience – leading an outside/door-to-door/customer facing sales team
• Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel) in a work setting
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
• Certification necessary for the sale of security products and services
• Experience in security systems sales meeting quotas
• Knowledge of local market, local contacts
• AS/AA or BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired
• 2 or more years of experience in a management role preferred
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
• Certification necessary for the sale of security products and services
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We’re dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Primary Location: 1700 Vegas Dr, Las Vegas, NV, US
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 217091