COX BUSINESS ACCESS ENGINEER I (Job Number: 218569)
Website Cox Business
Cox Communications is searching for a CB Access Engineer I. This role is responsible for engineering telecommunication transmission systems to deliver voice, video, data, and wireless services across regional and national converged networks by evaluating the sales forecasts and proactively designing, planning, and implementing projects focused at delivering services ranging from DS-0 through DWDM and including Native Ethernet and IP Services delivered over fiber optical and coaxial cable lines. Also responsible for strategic and training initiatives aimed at long term business enhancements and next generation network development and process analysis.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Prepares cost estimates to deliver DWDM, SONET, TDM, Ethernet, and IP services across the Cox Network.
- Prepares the technical specifications, development, and integration of peripheral systems involving multiple telecommunications technologies supporting voice, video, data and other information.
- Provides network planning as it relates to Access Network which includes all access rings including CO and customer premise equipment, digital access cross-connect systems and all collocation and interconnect facilities.
- Provides routine technology analysis and troubleshooting on assigned segments of networked telecommunications systems.
- Performs analysis and reporting of operational measurement data from traffic sensitive network elements to identify potential, future network-capacity needs.
- Provides statistical analysis for capacity planning and trend out usage.
- Assists in evaluating and selecting new network equipment and emerging technologies while insuring the selected technology supports Cox business plan and positions the network for future growth in capacity, features, capability, and reliability.
- Recommends hardware and software upgrades in order to support customer service orders.
- Assists Sales Engineering in preparation of proposals, sales calls and presentations.
- Analyzes bandwidth utilization to determine ring upgrades and ring splits.
- Analyzes network vulnerabilities and develops plan of actions to minimize risks.
- Develops and maintains detailed network designs and documentation including Method of Procedure and Engineering Specifications.
- Maintains network asset and circuit inventory databases.
- Ensures Central Office records accuracy and relay rack real estate forecasting.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 1 year of experience in related field (i.e. Engineering, Technical Operations) or academic equivalent training or projects
- Requires working knowledge of transmission, switching, powering, grounding, mechanical, and cabling
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (i.e. Engineering, Computer Science, or similar technical degree).
- Certifications: NRS I, CCENT, Network +
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and diagnostic capabilities
- Working knowledge of various manufacturers’ telecommunications equipment.
- Working knowledge of backbone and loop architectures and technologies.
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We’re dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Primary Location: 1700 Vegas Dr, Las Vegas, NV, US
Other Locations: Phoenix, AZ;
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 218569