VIRTUAL CARE SOLUTIONS CONSULTANT – TRAPOLLO (Job Number: 211649)
Website Cox Business
Trapollo is a human-centered connected health company that improves people’s health by extending care delivery beyond traditional settings to meet people where they are – in their home, at work and on the go. Our broad range of telehealth, remote health monitoring applications, products and services are tailored to meet the needs of healthcare providers, payers, and self-insured large employers.
Trapollo transforms healthcare delivery by connecting and empowering healthcare stakeholders using technology. We collaborate with healthcare providers, payers, and large employers to plan, design, and execute large impact connected health programs to improve health outcomes at a reduced cost. Our national distribution and service provider network supports telehealth and virtual care programs in 48 states. At the core of our operations is Trapollo’s purpose-built, extensible software patient engagement and care management platform. Our curated medical device software and hardware offerings include the most advanced medical devices customized by medical condition and personalized to the patient population.
Trapollo’s end-to-end offerings includes telehealth program planning and consulting, medical device selection and kitting, patient engagement, enrollment, and ongoing program execution. Our solutions include two-way video visits, vital signs, and biometric data capture through connected wireless IoT medical devices and patient engagement through secure messaging, personalized patient education, surveys, and assessments. Trapollo is backed by Cox Communications a nationwide telecommunications provider serving 40,000+ healthcare businesses and 6M residential homes.
The Telehealth Solutions Consultant – Technical is responsible for planning and building the technology components of large-scale remote health monitoring solutions. This individual provides technical leadership and subject matter expertise to support solution development, sales, and implementation. The solutions consultant collaborates with sales, operations, and solutions development teams to develop market leading telehealth solutions that address market and customer needs enabling Trapollo to win and grow. As part of the Solutions Development team the individual contributes to the technical development, design, and launch of connected health solutions in support of Trapollo’s Technology and Product/Solution roadmaps. This individual works with key client stakeholders at healthcare organizations to gather technical requirements such as device specifications, connectivity and pairing, integration with customer third party source systems to enable data exchange and desktop integration to support the end users clinical and business workflow.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAJOR TASKS
• Gather and define technical requirements, specifications and designs for large scale complex telehealth programs integrating software and hardware components into a repeatable solution
• Plans and coordinates IT activities and tasks to include, but not limited to program technical design, application integration, equipment evaluation/selection, SOW, proposal, and level of effort development.
• Evaluates, selects, and implements telehealth technology solutions. Proactively monitors and stays current with telehealth market solutions and trends
• Designs technical solution and IT operational plans for internal and external resources to maximize efficiency and utilize appropriate technological solutions.
• Develops program technical designs using industry best practices, processes, tools, and methodologies to ensure high performing solution.
• Transitions program IT requirements with clear objectives, tasks, roles, and responsibilities to internal operations team.
• Responds to and manages client IT expectations throughout the program design/planning phase.
• Supports the sales team by participating in client meetings, delivering presentations, developing proposals focused on the client’s IT requirements.
• Leads the technical work stream of solution definition, implementation, and quality assurance
• Partners with Clinical and Logistics Solutions Consultants to author the contractual Statement of Work that clearly defines solution scope, key assumptions, and price
• Executes a detailed transition plan to the Trapollo operations and delivery teams upon contract execution. This includes use cases and workflow processes.
• Partners with external and internal IT departments to reduce risk from changing technological infrastructure, hardware, automations, systems software, or applications systems.
• Builds relationships with key IT stakeholders and project resources to drive key decisions and ensure timely design delivery and internal operational transition.
• Documents and understands the technical environment dependencies of the client and develops plan to support an end to end integrated environment.
• Analyze, evaluate, and propose network, security, telecommunications, storage, database, and technology architecture: hardware, software, protocols, topology, and strategy.
• Architect solutions that consist of multiple products for specific connected care applications and support of marketing them effectively
• Deliver projects on time and within budget
• 5+ years of related experience planning, building, and deploying complex solutions integrating software and hardware in a cloud-based SaaS environment with a commercial Health IT solution vendor
• 3+ years of related experience designing, implementing, and integrating clinical application software to work with iOS or Android-based personal mobile devices and connected peripheral medical devices to support telehealth or remote patient monitoring
• Working hands-on experience working with telehealth software and hardware technologies, IT standards, connectivity protocols (such as BLE, Zigbee), IT security and compliance
• strong working knowledge of Health IT systems and architectures. Ability to connect end to end systems and devices along the continuum of care.
• Must be able to work in a matrix environment with a cross functional team
• Exceptional problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
• Proven track record of large-scale telehealth program/solution design and transition.
• Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with clinical and IT teams to develop and implement telehealth solutions
• Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth environment with medium to large scale projects
• Requires working knowledge of software implementation in a clinical setting
• Expert-level communication, customer relationship management, problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
• Self-motivated, self-directed, and adaptable
• Ability to travel occasionally (range from 15 to 25%)
• BS/BA degree in related discipline (such as Computer Science, Engineering, Health Informatics)
• 5+ years of related experience designing and implementing technology solutions for a telehealth solution provider
• Management and/or IT Consulting experience focused on software implementation and/or health IT
• Requires working knowledge of telehealth technologies, IT standards, IT security and compliance
• Proficient in MS Project and MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We’re dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Primary Location: 6205-B Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, US
Other Locations: Jacksonville, FL; Miami, FL; Boston, MA; Raleigh, NC; Nashville, TN; Herndon, VA;
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 211649