OUTSIDE RETENTION REPRESENTATIVE – COX BUSINESS (Job Number: 214575)
Website Cox Business
Cox Business is more than part of a cable company – we are a technology solutions leader. In addition to offering data network services for businesses, we also consult with companies of all sizes to provide managed network services, cloud infrastructure, managed hosting services and other emerging technology solutions.
The Cox Business Outside Retention Representative retains our most valuable small to medium business customers. The individual in this role will be responsible to maintain on-going relationships and retain an assigned base of existing customers, cross-sell and up-sell Cox Business products and services. Products this position supports may include data/transport solutions (Internet, Ethernet), VoIP solutions (SIP Trunking, IP Centrex), and software-as-a-service.
What you will be doing:
• Cold-call existing small to medium customers requiring contract renewals and generates new sales opportunities
• Identify new sources of revenue for existing customer base
• Develop and maintain consulting relationships to retain assigned base of existing customers
• Work with Sales Engineer and/or Sales Support Team to address any issues regarding installation or service
• Determine serviceability of client location and whether construction is required
• Coordinate with other departments to resolve maintenance and billing problems
• Manage own account portfolio, accurately forecasts business, tracks own performance, and develops plans to achieve and exceed sales goals
• Make follow-up calls to customers to inform them of customer referral program.
• Remain current on technical information regarding Cox Business’s services/solutions
What’s in it for you:
• Medical, dental and vision benefits effective first date of employment
• Free internet and other Cox discounted services (in applicable markets)
• Work/life balance with flexible vacation policy
• Reimbursements for gas and other travel related expenses; company-provided laptop and cellphone
• 401(k) with enhanced company match
• Career advancement across more than 300 businesses within the Cox Enterprises portfolio
• Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
• Tuition Reimbursement, Corporate Discounts, and Flexible Spending Accounts
Requirements for success:
• 1 or more years of related sales experience
• 1 year successful business-to-business outside sales experience with quotas and cold calling
• History of success in meeting and exceeding sales goals
• Ability to work independently in the field 50% of the week or more
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
• Thorough knowledge of Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
• Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to multitask
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired
• 1 year technology or telecommunications sales experience
• Experience with field sales, pipeline development, new lead generation and prospecting
• Knowledge of local telecom market and local contacts
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We’re dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Primary Location: 901 S George Washington Blvd, Wichita, KS, US
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 214575