SENIOR SOLUTIONS ENGINEER – RAPIDSCALE (Job Number: 210363)
Website Cox Business
The Solutions Engineer is responsible for providing pre-sales support for complex managed services solutions in a cloud hosting environment. The “SE” must be a subject matter expert on all RapidScale solutions and continually working to improve themselves and our company. Position includes direct customer involvement on sales opportunities, validation of all quotes, ongoing enhancement of service and product descriptions, and interfacing with Sales, Marketing, and Engineering teams to keep up-to-date on all new service capabilities.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Develop and maintain internal and external relationships with clients, partners, vendors and colleagues. Communicate professionally and effectively at all levels.
• Take a leading role in senior level presentations and large scale customer negotiations with Sales Teams and Sales Partners.
• Provide metrics / detail on number / status of opportunities being supported.
• Ensure consistency of solutions, value proposition, and pre-sales support methodology.
• Assist sales team on technical aspects of proposal writing and development.
• Ensure smooth transfer of solution design details and knowledge from Solutions Engineering team to Engineering teams and Project Management teams for all new service implementations.
• Ensure solutions comply with operational processes and policies related to solution design and implementation.
• Foster a customer service-oriented approach for all team members.
• Up to 50% travel
• 2-3 years of experience in pre-sales support
• 5-7 years of progressive experience implementing information technology solutions
• Strong problem resolution and conflict management skills
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
• A working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies
• Strong understanding of network and security solutions
• Understanding of IP addressing and subnets, routing protocols, firewalls, and load balancing
• Strong interpersonal skills; must work effectively with associates; be a team player
• Demonstrated technical sales leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written; must communicate effectively in a professional manner
• Effectively multitask, organized, and manage priorities
• Strong MS Office and Visio Skills
• Must project confidence and creativity
• Must display a willingness to learn and self-motivate
• Keep a positive attitude at all times
• Prior technology sales experience (desired)
• Demonstrates RapidScale values
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We’re dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Primary Location: 6205-B Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, US
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 210363