Systems Administrator I
Website Aveanna Healthcare
Aveanna is the nation's largest provider of pediatric home care.
The Systems Administrator 1 assists in the installations, configurations, and support Aveanna’s network and internet system. Helps maintains network hardware and software. Helps monitor network to ensure network availability to all users and performs necessary/scheduled maintenance to support network availability. Assists in the planning, coordination, and implementation of network security measures in order to protect data, software and hardware. Maintains and updates users’ securities and network access. Support Aveanna users at a tier II level.
Essential Job Functions
• Resolving and logging tier II software and hardware related Solution Support calls.
• Analyze and resolve tier II network requests and problems.
• Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments at a tier II level.
• Responsible for performing/scheduling all data backups and restores. This include maintaining documentations related to schedules and monitoring system backup logs.
• Responsible for maintaining Active Directory accounts. This includes activating, de-activating, archiving and managing AD user groups and security levels.
• Responsible maintaining file servers. Adding and archiving private and public shares as needed.
• Responsible for maintaining and managing software licensing and updates. This includes servers, database, anti-virus, and encryption. This is a coordinated responsibility with the Infrastructure Manager.
• Responsible for monitor/support FTP transmission with Aveanna trading partners.
• Responsible for maintaining VPN accounts. This includes activating and deactivating, and troubleshooting VPN problems.
• Responsible for maintaining/supporting Office365 user accounts and security of these accounts. This includes archiving terminated users.
• Manage Aveanna internally developed application releases for users.
• Review and analyze daily/weekly system logs for errors or performance issues.
• Assists the Infrastructure leadership in the administration of business systems and servers.
• Assist the IT Enterprise Logistics leadership with location moves and opening of new locations as it relates to Aveanna’s network access.
• Coach/assist in the training IT System Specialist.
• Conducts all assignments as a professional and role model with a sense of urgency.
• Uses professional communication and conflict resolution techniques as required.
• References and reflects upon the Company mission, values, and strategic imperatives in completing and/or assigning all work.
• Holds each team member accountable for expected results and carries out consequences as warranted.
• Networks with similar titled colleagues externally.
• High school diploma
• High degree of professionalism and be able to work effectively with all employees and business associates.
• Has good listening skills and ability to translate what they hear into questions back to the user to diagnosis the nature of problems.
Minimum 2 years of experience in the systems administration area (including load balancing), or 3 to 4 years of experience in level II end user computing support area
• BS in computer science a plus
• Healthcare experience preferable
• Must be able to adhere to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times
• Attention to detail
• Time Management
• Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations
• Strong commitment to excellence
• Quick-thinking and astute decision making skills
• Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to train staff
• Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
• Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of 25 pounds
• Prolonged walking, sitting, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
• Must be able to sit and climb stairs
• Must have visual and hearing acuity
• Must have strong sense of smell and touch
• Performs duties in an office environment during agency operating hours
• Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.