Software Development Manager, Campaign & Creative Services
Website Amazon Advertising
Ad solutions that engage millions of Amazon customers
The Amazon Advertisement CCS engineering team has an opportunity to be part of something big! Working on advertising for Amazon.com, Kindle Special Offers, and Amazon Mobile Ads, the Ad Product Tools team provides critical tools that streamline ad delivery to millions of Amazon customers. To be successful in this role, we are looking for a talented, detail-oriented and enthusiastic software development manager who is passionate about tools and enjoys working with many projects and a wide range of technologies.
Working in conjunction with account managers, operations, designers and customers, you will leverage a breadth of technologies including object oriented design and coding, databases, mobile devices, tablets, Kindle, streaming video technologies and Amazon Web Services
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· Experience with OOD and object oriented languages
· Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
· Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware, database and data mining systems
· Previously held a technical leadership role for several complete large-scale projects
· Delivered ad targeting and serving infrastructure
· Delivered a low-latency, consumer-internet-scale web services operating in a 24×7 environment
· Experience with Database technologies, RDBMS/NoSQL
· One or more programming language Java, C++, Python.
· Experience in data analytics using distributed systems (e.g. Hadoop, Pig, Hive, EMR, Spark, Elasticsearch
· Online distributed systems and platform infrastructure design and implementation
Develop and execute project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
Operations of the service as a mission-critical system.Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach. Be a hands-on technical leader and contributor.
Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
To apply for this job please visit amazon.jobs.